Parenting SA is a program of the South Australian government. We have been providing the community with quality information on raising children since 1996.
On our site, you can:
- find our popular, free Parent Easy Guides. They cover a wide range of topics about raising babies, toddlers, children and young people from birth to 18 years. There are also Guides specially developed for Aboriginal and multicultural families. Many education, health and community services across South Australia have the Guides on display for parents to take
- come along to our free parenting seminars at the Adelaide Convention Centre, or view our live webcasts and seminar recordings
- check out our range of parenting videos
- order resources.
Parenting SA resources
- aim to support parents and caregivers in their important role
- are informed by evidence, best practice, parents and communities
- acknowledge the diversity of families and cultures in our community
- acknowledge strengths parents and caregivers bring to their parenting role
- provide sources of further support for families.
- In 2019, Parenting SA released 9 new Parent Easy Guides for multicultural families. These were informed by extensive consultation with multicultural services and families.
For more information, phone us on 8303 1660 or email email@example.com.
- Parenting SA is working with Metropolitan Youth Health, Women’s and Children’s Health Network to trial and deliver an 8-week program for young Aboriginal parents and parents-to-be in the western suburbs. This innovative program supports young parents at a critical time in their lives. It values the strengths young parents bring to their role, involves them in planning, and prioritises connection with culture, supportive peers and health services. Staff from the Aboriginal Family Birthing Program at the Women’s and Children’s Hospital support access to culturally appropriate pre and post-natal care. For more information, phone us on 8303 1660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.