Helplines and family supports
If life is in danger, phone 000 (triple zero)
Child and Family Health Service (CaFHS)
CaFHS supports all SA families with babies and kids 0 to 5 years. Some CaFHS sites have Aboriginal workers you can speak to. CaFHS can help with:
- baby and child health, including feeding, settling, children’s milestones and development checks
- information and suggestions for parents and caregivers
- My Health and Development Record (the Blue Book).
Appointments available from 9.00 am to 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Phone 1300 733 606
Early Parenting Groups are available in your local area.
Child Abuse Report Line
Phone 13 14 78 (24-hour service)
Child abuse reporting - when to report and what happens next
The DHS Parenting and Family Support team helps South Australian parents and caregivers understand child and adolescent development.
They host relaxed and informal parenting workshops face-to-face or by webinar. You can get simple, practical strategies based on the latest parenting research. The workshops include videos, activities, and time for parents and caregivers to talk in small groups.
Family support services
Family Relationships Online
Information for all families – whether together or separated – about family relationship issues. Find out about a range of services to assist families manage relationship issues, including helping families agree on arrangements for children after parents separate.
For information about family law and dispute resolution. Online chat available.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander parents
- pregnancy and birth
- Young parents (video - 7 mins)
- Parenting as a teenager
- Baby Development milestones
- Rainbow and same-sex families